Friday, June 6, 2014

Boys Have Sense of Fashion? Who Knew (;


Displaying channing.jpgDisplaying dave.jpg

Every day I interact with girls and always admire the certain things that they wear simply how they accessorize what they wear. I see the cutest dresses, skirts, crop tops. But it's rare when i catch myself complimenting a boy on something other than his soft sweater. Why might that be? I think that it's because, unlike girls, guys don't pay attention to what other guys think of what they wear. When I come to school I mostly see boys dressed in athletic wear and sometimes when they actually have to dress up they complain. Well most boys. This past year I noticed a few things about the boys that come to Whitney Young. 
1. There's  a popular use of plaid shirts (like the one shown above on our beloved Channing Tatum)
2.It became popular to overlap certain clothing like sweaters and shirts, or sweaters and jackets, most commonly leather jackets. 
3. They started wearing Sperry's with high knee socks, although not nearly high enough to reach knees.
Although we never really pay much attention to what boys wear, or at least I don't, because let's face it, most men depend on women, especially when it comes to fashion. 

No comments:

Post a Comment